NMLSTA currently is accepting nominations for the positions of President-Elect and two members of the Board of Directors.
Anyone who has been a member of NMLSTA for three years in good standing and is a current member can be a nominee for President-elect. The President-elect will serve a 1 year term in that position and continue serving a 1 year term as President and a 1 year term as Past-President.
Duties of the President-elect
- Assist the President as appropriate and necessary.
- Serve on the Budget and Executive Committees.
- Assume the duties of the President when necessary.
- Help develop and promote NMLSTA sessions held at NSTA Area and National Conference.
Board of Directors
Any member in good standing of NMLSTA can be a nominee for the Board of Directors. Two Directors are elected each year for 3 year terms.
Duties of Elected Directors
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Membership and the Board of Directors and Committees.
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Actively promote membership in the NMLSTA.
- Actively serve on Committees as determined by the President.
- Be responsible to promote middle level science education through active involvement in other organizations and activities.
- Submit written reports of their activities to the President for inclusion in the Annual Report.
- Assume other such duties as the Board of Directors shall specify.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Board of Directors
or the position of President Elect, the following should be submitted to
Diana Cost (firstname.lastname@example.org) using “NMLSTA Nominations” as the subject
- Brief biographical outline (1/2 page maximum) including education, teaching experience, professional memberships, activities, and awards.
- Statement of a maximum of 175 words on educational philosophy and key goals which will be pursued as a member of the Board or President-Elect.
- Three letters of support.
Submission Deadline is December 15, 2016
Voting will be done electronically during January 2017